So, what I AM going to do is list the books and how we felt about them. Hope this sparks a few library ideas for you.
So here's what we've read in the last 10 or so days.
The GOOD
Fancy Nancy --- Jane O'connor
Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy --- Jane O'connor
I Spy -an Alphabet in Art --- Lucy Micklethwait
Autism and Me: Sibling Stories --- Ouisie Shapiro (okay, I read this by myself)
365 Penguins --- Jean-Luc Fromental
You're a Grand Old Flag
Chester --- Mélanie Watt (check below for a follow-up that didn't make the grade)
Same Same --- Marthe Jocelyn
Oh, Theodore! --- Susan Katz
Fly High, Fly Guy --- Tedd Arnold
Sleeping Ugly --- Jane Yolen
Here a chick, there a chick by Bruce McMillan
Hello Baby! --- Mem Fox
The NOT SO GOOD
Puffins Climb, Penguins Rhyme --- Bruce McMillan
Chester's Back! --- Mélanie Watt
Hooray For Fly Guy! --- Tedd Arnold
In addition the kids (7 and 9) have gotten back into the Captain Underpants books. Between them they've check out all of the series and have been swapping them back and forth... and giggling hysterically, of course.If you are looking for some reading suggestions, you can check out our Books by AR Level lists (or even put AR numbers in the site search box. We use our own abbreviations. AR1 for first grade, AR2 for second grade and so forth.) There are also Library Lists on our Parents' Pages.
Soooo... what are your kids reading? I'd love to know.

No comments :
Post a Comment